2007 Conference Papers
2006 Conference Papers
2005 Conference Papers
- Campbell, H. & Rosin, C. (2007) After the Suits and Cellphones: Reflections on the Transformation of Organic Agriculture in NZ. Organics Aotearoa New Zealand Conference. Lincoln University, 17 August.
- Campbell. H., Rosin, C. & Perley, C. (2007) Is There Agri-Food Systems Resilience? Reflecting on the Relevance of Socio-Ecologial Resilience Theory for Agri-Food Analysis. Agri-Food XIV: Annual Meeting of the Agri-Food Research Network. Brisbane, Australia, November.
- Hunt, L.M. and Mortlock, B. (2007). Wellbeing and sustainable land use. Paper presented at Agri-Food XIV. Annual Meeting of the Agri-Food Research Network, 25-29 November 2007, Brisbane, Australia.
- Carey, P.,Benge, J., Moller, H., Lucock, D. & Phillips, A. (2007) What effect does farming Organic vs. Conventional have on soil properties across increasingly intensive (sheep & beef, dairy and kiwifruit) production sectors? NZ Institute of Agricultural & Horticultural Science Convention. Lincoln University, 13 August.
- Carey, P., Benge, J., Moller, H., Lucock, D. & Phillips, A. (2007) What effect does farming Organic vs. Conventional have on soil properties across increasingly intensive (sheep & beef, dairy and kiwifruit) production sectors? Organic Aotearoa New Zealand Conference. Lincoln University, 17 August.
- Carey, P., Moller, H., Benge, J., Lucock, D., Phillips, A., Blackwell, G., Pearson, A., Reid, J. & Manhire, J. (2007) Do differences in soil quality between organic and conventional farms increase across increasingly intensive production sectors? 2008 Australasian Soils Societies Conference. December 2007, Palmerston North.
- Fairweather, J. (2007) Comparing sheep/beef organic, integrated and conventional farming systems. Organics Aotearoa New Zealand Conference. Lincoln University, 17 August.
- Hunt, L. (2007) The moral economy of farming: the good farmers of New Zealand. 'Public Sociologies: Lessons and Trans Tasman Comparisons'. TASA & SAANZ Joint Conference. 4-7 December, University of Auckland, Auckland, N.Z.
- Magbanua, F., Matthaei, C., Blackwell G. & Townsend, C. (2007) Community responses of stream macroinvertebrates to conventional, integrated and organic farming practices in the South Island, New Zealand. NZ Freshwater Sciences Society Conference, Queenstown, December.
- Moller, H., Perley, C., Campbell, H., Richards, S. & Blackwell, G. (2007) Organic agriculture and sustainability/resilience: Is organics the chosen path to sustainability in New Zealand Agriculture? Organic Aotearoa New Zealand Conference. Lincoln University, 17 August.
- Mondot, M., Blackwell, G. & Maegli, T. (2007) Baseline data on the diversity and abundance of selected bird species on conventional and converting organic dairy farms. New Zealand Grasslands Association Conference. Vol. 69, November, Taupo, New Zealand.
- Reid, J., Pauling, C. & Jenkins, T. (2007) Building, constructing, and developing a research project designed to facilitate sustainable farm-based development on Maori land. Organic Aotearoa New Zealand Conference. Lincoln University, 17 August.
- Saunders, C.M. & Zellman, E. (2007) New Zealand Access to the EU Market: Factors Affecting Agricultural Exports. European Union Centres Network Conference. St David’s Centre, University of Otago, 12-13 November.
- Saunders, C.M., Marshall, L., Kaye-Blake, W., Greenhalgh, S. & de Aragao Pereira, M. (2007) Impacts of U.S. biofuel policies on international trade in meat and dairy products. Center for North American Studies conference, Domestic and Trade Impacts of U.S. Farm Policy: Future Directions and Challenges. Washington, D.C., 15-16 November. Available from http://cnas.tamu.edu/SessIBPaperSaundersKayeBlakeEtAl.doc. Conference programme Available from http://cnas.tamu.edu/.
2006 Conference Papers
- Campbell, H.R. & Rosin, C. (2006) Audit me this! Orchard-Level Effects of the EurepGAP Audit System on New Zealand Kiwifruit Producers. IGU Globalising Worlds: Geographical Perspectives on Old and New Value Chains, Commodity Chains, Supply Chains Conference. Auckland, June 26-30.
- Hunt, L.M., McLeod, C. & Rosin, C. (2006) The active kiwifruit orchard: orchard/orchardist interaction. Kiwi2006, 6th International Kiwifruit Symposium. 20-24 February, Heritage Park, Rotorua.
- Wreford, A. and Saunders, C.M. (2006). The Implications of Global Trade Policy Reform for Meeting Kyoto Protocol Commitments. AES Conference, Paris, March 2006
2005 Conference Papers
- Fairweather, J. (2005) Understanding farmers using causal maps. Agrifood ’05. Rosslyn Bay, Queensland, 5-8 July.
- Hunt, L., McLeod, C. & Rosin, C. (2005) The active kiwifruit orchard. AgriFood ’05. Rosslyn Bay, Queensland, 5-8 July.
- Hunt, L.M., McLeod, C. & Rosin, C. (2005). The active kiwifruit orchard: orchard/orchardist interaction. Delivered at Sociological Association of Aotearoa N.Z. (SAANZ) Conference 2005, 25-27 Nov. 2005, Eastern Institute of Technology, Napier.
- Rosin, C., Hunt L., McLeod, C., Campbell, H. & Fairweather, J. (2005) Of regulations and paperwork: reflecting on response to audit. Agrifood ’05. Rosslyn Bay, Queensland, 5-8 July.
- Saunders, C.M., Wreford, A. and Rasin, S. (2005). An analysis of agriculture trade policy reforms and their impact on the EU, China and New Zealand. Paper presented to 11th Annual Conference of the New Zealand Agricultural and Resource Economics Society (Inc.), Nelson, August 2005.