2009 Conference Papers
2008 Conference Papers
- "Go Organics! Using the challenge of other management systems to innovate and grow the organic market and industry". Jon Manhire, Caroline Saunders, Hugh Campbell, John Fairweather and Henrik Moller. Organics Aotearoa New Zealand Conference, Hamilton, 13 - 15 November 2009.
- Campbell, H. Engaging Across the Organic/Conventional Binary: Preliminary Results from the ARGOS Programme in New Zealand. Invited paper to the special symposium of the Committee on Sustainable Agriculture, American Society of Agronomists Tri-Societies Conference, Pittsburgh Convention Centre, Pittsburgh, USA. 3rd November, 2009.
- Rosin, C. and Campbell, H. (2009). Shifting moralities of sustainable agriculture: evidence of organification in New Zealand. Paper presented at Agri-Food XVI: Annual Meeting of the Agri-Food Research Network, November 2009, Auckland.
- Campbell, H. (2009). The Future of Rural New Zealand. Invited presentation to the AgResearch/Scottish Agricultural College combined conference: Rural Futures. 23rd September, 2009. Ruakura Research Centre, Hamilton.
- Campbell, H. and Rosin, C. (2009). The new politics of energy and climate change auditing among New Zealand’s food export industries. Paper presented at the XXIII European Society for Rural Sociology Congress: Reinventing the rural between the social and the natural, August 2009, Vaasa, Finland
- Rosin, C. and Campbell, H. (2009). ‘Organification’ Paper presented to the European Society for Rural Sociology biennial conference, August 2009, Vaasa, Finland
- Rosin, C., Cooper, M., Hunt, L., Campbell, H. and Fairweather, J. (2009). Pursuing the golden fleece: climate change as an insight to sustainability. Paper submitted to 72nd Annual Meeting of the Rural Sociological Society–Climate Change and Societal Response: Livelihoods, Communities, and the Environment, August 2009, Madison, USA.
- Wreford, A., Cagatay, S. and Saunders, C. (2009). Climate Change and Agriculture: The Economic and Environmental Implications of Extreme Weather Events and Bio-Energy Policy. Paper presented to Joint AESI / AES conference, Dublin, Ireland, 30 March – 1 April.
- Comparison of yields between Organic and Conventional agriculture and implications for resilience. Solis Norton, Henrik Moller, Jayson Benge, David Lucock and Jon Manhire. Organics Aotearoa New Zealand Conference, Hamilton, 13 - 15 November 2009.
- Hunt, L., Fairweather, J., Greer, G., Rosin, C., Campbell, H., Moller, H., Norton, S., Lucock, D., Benge, J., Manhire, J. (2009). Linking farmer and orchardist orientations and actions. Annual Meeting of the Agri-food Research Network, Agri-food XVI conference, November 2009, Auckland.
- Saunders, C., Barber, A. and Sorensen, L. (2009). Food Miles Carbon Footprinting and their potential impact on trade. Paper presented to AARES 53rd Annual Conference, Cairns, North Queensland, Australia, 10-13 February.
- Saunders, C.M, Kaye-Blake, W., Campbell R. and Benge, J. (2009). Agricultural environmental indicators: using OECD agri-environmental indicators to assess New Zealand kiwifruit orchards. Paper presented at the 15th New Zealand Agricultural and Resource Economics Society Conference, 27-28 August, Nelson.
2008 Conference Papers
- Rosin, C. and Cooper, M. (2008). Where others fear to tread trade: emissions trading and the regulation of agricultural greenhouse gases in New Zealand. Paper presented at Agri-Food XV: Annual Meeting of the Agri-Food Research Network, November 2008. Sydney, Australia.
- Hunt, L. (2008). The good farmers of New Zealand. Paper presented at Annual Meeting of the Agri-food research network, Agri-food XV, November 2008, Sydney, Australia
- Campbell, H. & C. Rosin. (2008) Global retailer politics and the quality shift in New Zealand horticulture. In: Butcher, M. R., Walker, J. T. S. and Zydenbos, S. M. (eds.). Future Challenges in Crop Protection: Repositioning New Zealand’s Primary Industries. Hastings: New Zealand Plant Protection Society Inc. pp. 11-26.
- Fukuda, Y., Burns, B. & Moller, H. (2008) The effects of farming practices and shelterbelt types on invertebrate biodiversity in dairy farms. The 47th New Zealand Entomological Society Conference. University of Canterbury, Christchurch, 4-8 April.
- Hunt, L. (2008) A moral economy of growing: orchard/orchardist interactions. (A story of the use of BRCSS funding). Talking Together: BRCSS-SPEaR Research Colloquium. 14-15 April, Wellington.
- Hunt, L. (2008) Watching cows: associating farmer wellbeing and cows. Reflecting on our Relationships: Animals and Agriculture Workshop. University of Auckland, 18 July.
- Moller, H. (2008) Climate Change Challenges for Aotearoa’s environmental educators. Invited speaker, New Zealand Association for Environmental Education 10th National conference. University of Otago, Dunedin, 16 January.
- Moller, H., Campbell, H., Rosin, C., Hunt L. & Fairweather, J. (2008) Questing for the transdisciplinary utopia: an untrodden pathway to achieve agricultural resilience in New Zealand? Sustainable Consumption and Alternative Agri-Food Systems. University of Liege, Arlon. May 27-30.
- Saunders, C.M., Marshall, L., Kaye Blake, W., Greenhalgh, S. & de Aragao Pereira, M. (2008) Impact of US biofuel polices on international trade in meat and dairy products. Agricultural Economics Society Conference. Cirencester, United Kingdom, March.